We meet weekly to play Chess & Go. Come and join us! See the MeetUp for details.
We are an informal club that meets to play Chess & Go. We meet one evening per week at a fun, lively (and seasonal) venue with access to food & drink. We try to cultivate a light-hearted atmosphere and a welcoming scene for beginners & experts alike.
The Bend Chess & Go Club exists because of the generosity of our hosts:
We have organizers, captains & deputies. We work together to promote the success of the club.
The club has organizers who manage the club day-to-day. We have two Club Captains, one for Chess and one for Go - the Captains drive engagement for each game at the club.
- Organizer & Chess Captain
- Go Captain
Supporting the Captains are the Club Deputies. A Deputy embodies the culture of the club and have often helped new members and beginners get started, or they fill-in for the Captains when they’re absent.
We record past Champions & Captains, and we also record a timeline of important events.
- 2022 Chess Champion
Grand Prix Winners
- Spring: Alyssa C, 41.5 points.
- Winter: Daniel B, 33.5 points.
- Chess Captain, 2022-Present
- Go Captain, 2022-Present
- Jan 2023
- Partnered with Central Oregon Chess Club & renamed the MeetUp to "Central Oregon Chess".
- December 2022
- October 5th, 2022
- The club moves to a regular winter venue at Crux Fermentation Project.
- September 2nd, 2022
- September 2022
- Quads, a regular monthly competition, is started.
- June 16th, 2022
- The club finally settles on a regular Summer venue at The Commons Cafe and Taproom.
- June 4th, 2022
- The Spring Swiss Tournament, the club's first, is hosted at The Collective.
- March 23rd, 2022
- The club is rescued when Aran G finds a new venue with Worthy Brews & Burgers.
- February 16th, 2022
- The club outgrows The Grove and is asked to look for a new venue.
- October 6th, 2021
- Relocates to The Grove for a winter venue.
- August 4th, 2021
- Aran G & Dean C found the club at the Midtown Yacht Club